Sujatha Mohan is an Indian playback singer. She has sung in Malayalam and Tamil languages.
Mohan is the granddaughter of paravur T. K. Narayana Pillai, the first Chief Minister of the erstwhile
Languages sung: Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Hindi, Baduga.
Hindi songs:Her Hindi numbers in films like ‘Pukaar’ and ‘
Total songs:More than 5,000
About not getting the National award "I have missed it narrowly in some years. Moreover, some films with good songs are not entered for the National Awards every year. This is part of the game. If I am destined, I will get it one day."
* She sang her first film song when she was still in six standard.
* Her first actual film is TOURIST BUNGALOW - Malayalam realsed in 1974.
* Her first Tamil film song ('Kaadhal Oviyam Kandein') was not included in the film. However she took it as a good sign.
* First released song Kalai Paniyil Addum Malargal from Gayathri.
* Lost her father at age two
* She married Dr.Mohan in 1981 and moved to Chennai which helped her to launch her again.
* She made a comeback in 1989 through Priyadarshan's `Kadathanadan Ambadi.' Her songs in `Chitram' (1988) made her even more famous.
* In Tamil films she made a comeback through `Puthuvellai Mazhai' in A.R. Rahman's debut film `Roja' in 1992.
§ Kerala state award twice(in 1997 for `Pranayamanithooval' (`Azhakiya Ravanan') and in 1999 for `Varamanjal' (`Pranayavarnangal'))
§ the Asianet award twice ( one for Kandu Kandu' in `Mambazhakkalam.')
§ the Film Critics award 11 times
§ the Tamil Nadu state award thrice in 1993, 1996, 2001
§ the Cinema Express award
§ the Dinakaran award
§ Vanitha award and the Mathrubhoomi Award for `Kallai Kadavathu' in `Perumazhakkalam'
§ Raju Pilakkad Film Award